Pioneer Telephone Membership Terms and Conditions
APPLICATION FOR TELEPHONE SERVICE
Applicant hereby applies for membership in Pioneer Telephone Cooperative, Inc., Kingfisher, Oklahoma, a corporation (hereinafter called the "Cooperative:), for the purpose of obtaining telephone service, upon the following terms and conditions:
1. The Applicant will take from the Cooperative telephone service to be used on the premises hereinafter described and will pay therefore monthly at rates to be determined from time to time by Cooperative, all in accordance with the bylaws of the Cooperative. It is expressly understood that all amounts paid by Applicant in excess of operating costs and expenses of the Cooperative are furnished by him as capital and he shall be credited with the capital so furnished as provided in the bylaws.
2. The applicant will comply with and be bound by the provisions of the Articles of Incorporation and bylaws of the Cooperative, and such rules, regulations and resolutions as may from time to time be adopted by the Cooperative.
3. The Applicant, by becoming a member, assumes no personal liability or responsibility for any debts or liabilities of the Cooperative, and it is expressly understood that Applicant's private property is exempt from execution for any such debts or liabilities.
4. Venue for all accounts due the Cooperative shall rest in Kingfisher County, Oklahoma, and all transactions and business between the undersigned and the Cooperative shall take place and originate at the home office in Kingfisher.
5. The Applicant will grant and hereby does grant to the Cooperative a right-of-way easement to construct, operate and maintain a telephone line or system on the land hereinafter described and in or upon all streets roads or highways abutting said land; and, if applicable, will execute the required COMMUNICATIONS FACILITIES AGREEMENT providing for payment of the costs on a amortized basis and will obtain the signatures required by Pioneer thereon; or agrees that Applicant in the alternative shall pay all of the construction fees an costs charged by Cooperative for the particular service, upon completion of construction.
This application is made in consideration of similar applications by others and is understood to be an agreement with such applicants. The acceptance of this application by the Cooperative constitutes an agreement between the Applicant and the Cooperative which shall continue force until cancelled by notice by either party to the other.
Network Openness Statement
Pioneer Telephone Cooperative, Inc. (Pioneer) follows the 2005 FCC Broadband Policy which encourages broadband deployment of the public Internet by ensuring that consumers are entitled to (1) access the lawful Internet content of their choice, (2) run applications and use services of their choice, subject to the needs of law enforcement, (3) connect their choice of legal devices that do no harm to the network, and (4) competition among (a) network, (b) application and service and (c) content providers.
Pioneer's lines and equipment are provided for use without discriminating on the public Internet content being delivered. Pioneer will provide a broadband network free from restriction on (1) content, (2) access to websites, (3) platforms, (4) the kinds of attached equipment, and (5) the modes of communication allowed while maintaining high quality network performance.
Network management policies are conspicuously posted on Pioneer's web page. Should any changes to these policies arise because of regulatory, business, or other reasons, customers will be notified in their billing statements and on Pioneer's web page with details of the changes.
Pioneer will provide connectivity to the public Internet directly or indirectly at reasonable rates and terms for the subscribers. Additionally, no part of this project is considered a closed network.
Pioneer reserves the right to manage its network to promote the use and enjoyment of the Internet for all customers. High speed bandwidth and other network resources are not unlimited and the speed of delivery of content to all users may be slowed during times of congestion. During these times, Pioneer will use reasonable network management practices that are consistent with industry standards and are minimally intrusive. Pioneer reserves the right to change its network management practices to address issues, as the internet continues to grow and evolve.